What a year! In 2015, we covered a lot of ground. This past year, we have roamed Europe, Oceania, and the Americas in search of the best places to photograph to bring you our new photography collection. We also learned a lot of photo tricks along the way. It's time to do a quick recap of the top travel photography highlights.
1. Hawaii - Early this year, we took advantage of ridiculously low airfare and crossed the Pacific to visit Hawaii for the first time in twelve years. We decided to venture out of the tourist hotbeds of Waikiki and visit the rugged off-the-beaten path spots in Kauai and Oahu.
2. San Francisco & the Bay Area - The majority of the year was spent in the Bay Area, which offered new and refreshingly natural California landscapes to photograph.
3. New Zealand - I still can't stop thinking about New Zealand. Its natural beauty is out of this world. That is all.
4. Germany - This trip was fueled by my interest in the lands of my heritage and led me to discover many things I had never known about Germany. The people, the food, the beer, and the traditions are spectacular. Prost!
5. Austria - The land may seem like Germany's close cousin, but is quite unique. The musical atmosphere and Baroque architecture is enough to justify the visit.
6. Hungary - This year, we toured Eastern Europe for the first time. In lands which were once restricted from travelers, this exotic country was filled with culture.
7. Northern Arizona - While I ran out of vacation time, I had to make clever use of my three day holidays in winter. Sometimes the most exotic travel is only a day's drive away. We crossed the desert and visited Northern Arizona's Navajo Nation land which boasts some of the most otherworldly Southwestern landscapes.
Now that the new year is upon us, there are tons of new travel photography locations in the works. No hints, yet. Stay tuned.
Published Travel Articles
Welcome to Run The Atlas!
We are two adventurous young professionals who turned our passion for travel into a blog to help others travel more.